eating food before taking shrooms

usijon18

i'm taking shrooms for the first time on friday. and i was wondering if it is okay to eat food the day that im eating the shrooms. and if so how much time should there be between when i eat food and when i eat the shrooms and is there certain foods i should or shouldnt eat before hand. also i have got conflicting things online if drinking orange juice while taking shrooms and during trip is good or bad. is there a good time to take them. please give me some good advice before friday. thank you.:D one more thing..any movie suggestions while on shrooms.

hi

it is best not to eat for at least 4 hours before you take the shrooms

for the rest it is fine to eat a light meal , salad , fruit etc and avoid fatty food

orange juice during the trip can slow it down , this is because of the vitamine c , since your doing this for the first time it is good to have some fast release vitamine c and/or orange juice at hand , just in case it goes to strong for you , by taking that the trip will slow down .

as for a movie , that is totally up to you , i would eg never have a horror or so , our experience is that nature works miracles in combination with shrooms

hope this helps

have a lot of fun

quoted from erowid:

"Drinking orange juice while on LSD is very good for hydrating yourself and restoring carbohydrates and some nutrients, but us unlikely to enhance the trip anymore than you think it does (however this rumor, of vitamin C enhancing LSD trips has neither been proven or disproven)."

now i know this quote isnt about shrooms, but i am sure that vitamin c enhances mushroom trips. I was in the forest one day and i had some chewable vitamin c tablets and i noticed that when i ate them my trip started to intensify. It seems as if the taste was doing it... basicly it is worth eating a few (less than 5) just to see how you react with it. I would like to add that chewable is the best, i have eaten regular capsules and they seemed to make my stomach upset. plus they dont tend to disslove as well as the chewable. marijuana is a very good thing to smoke while tripping but be easy with it.

if you want to come down quickly off of a trip try Prozac or any downer (methodone, hydro's, and whatnot)

just gonna throw in my two cents, i personaly don't eat before i use shrooms (i use the above method), but i'm happy doing them i feel safe and happy thru my experiences, but if you are feeling a little nervous about taking them (i know i was the first few times) i would advise that you have a little snack like a few (2-3) biscuits (preferably not too sweet so no chocolate biscuits, and definately not crisps, they're too heavy and take too long to leave the stomach) with a small glass of water, about 1 hour to 45 minutes before taking them, this helps slow down the intake of the psilocybin through the stomach wall and large intestine, hence making you come up slower and in a more controlled gradual manner. You may be thinking that eating may make the trip weaker, but where you have only eaten a little it just takes a little longer to come up fully, the trip still reaches the same level, you just don't get thrown in in the deep end as it were... hope this is of some help to you...

Back