CAN SHROOMS KILL YOU???

J

JPWannaBe

New Member
i read that they could cause heart and lung failure but ive never heard that from any other source. the most way it can kill u is probobly some suicide on a bad trip
 
S

SHroomClouds

New Member
Quote: Originally posted by Miss America on 2003-Mar-16
Quick question- Can taking shrooms kill you?



yes they can any type of mushrooms are poison.

every mushroom is poison including psycidelics

 
M

Mira

Member
Staff member
i do not agree with the previous answers that have been given.

the ministry of health of the nederlands has published a rapport( CAM RAPPORT), in february 2000, about the risks of magic mushrooms.

their research concludes that the health risks are minimal.

the only thing that can cause health problems, are panic attacks, which will, most likely, not occur when you are well informed.

for more info: www.magic-mushrooms.net.

 
P

photovoric

New Member
You would have to eat your weight in shroom, or pot, for either to kill you
 
&

-=Poe=-

New Member
Nah they're dangerous only if you take too much in one time.



Some animals are actually eating shrooms, so why couldn't we?
 
D

devn24

New Member
you can overdose on shroomz though. people who take 10 grams are kind of pushin it. id say if you take 15 grams thers a high risk of dieing. im not to sure. and some mushroomz you should watch out for cause if you get the wrong kind it can send u to the hospital and the trip will be a bad one
 
R

Rewbs

Member
id say if you take 15 grams thers a high risk of dieing.



Based on what do you think 15g is a lethal dose?!

Sure, you'd trip your pants off, possibly pass out, maybe throw up, but personally I really don't think you'd die.



If anyone knows of a case where the cause of death has been isolated to proper magic mushrooms, please post!



But anyway, you're right: the most likely way to die is if you eat the wrong kind of shrooms. "Know your source." ;)



In fact, here is an extract from the very anti-drug site http://www.recovery.org.uk. These guys really try hard to make all drugs sounds bad, and this is what they cam up with for psilocybe shrooms.



"Psilocybe mushrooms are not poisonous in the sense that no lethal dose is known. However, some people react to them with vomiting, nausea and stomach pains. No serious long-term physical damage to health has been reported although it must be noted that no research has been carried out to assess the effects of frequent use.



The main risk to health from eating philocybe mushrooms comes from mistaken identity - collecting and eating poisonous varieties of mushrooms instead of the ones possessing the desired hallucinogenic properites. Some of these other fungi can cause death or permanent liver damage within hours of ingestion."



Note that non-psilocybe magic mushrooms can contain quite destructive poisons along with the psychoactive components, so they have 'easily achievable' lethal doses. :)



Also check this page for information on the toxicity of magic mushrooms: http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/12208
 
P

PinkBuffalo

Guest
Quote: Originally posted by SHroomClouds on 2003-Mar-16
Quote: Originally posted by Miss America on 2003-Mar-16Quick question- Can taking shrooms kill you?

yes they can any type of mushrooms are poison.
every mushroom is poison including psycidelics

You are the biggest idiot ever, why dont you shut up and stop giving information about stuff you have no clue about ?? dumbass.

No shrooms cant kill you, nor any other edible mushroom, the only mushroom that can kill you is posinous ones.
 
P

PiercedTripper

New Member
magic mushrooms most definately can not kill you.



coming from experience of a very strange trip from 18g of fresh psylocybe cubensis, i can safely say that.



i would agreee with rewbs, the only way to cause death with mushrooms is to pick the wrong kind, ie: the death cap. easily mistaken for a hallucenogenic mushroom and can kill.



the only problem is people not seeking out the proper information on the mushroomas they pick.
 
G

g.w bush

New Member
yeah i say i have cracked to 15g mark of freah picked blue meanies easy an hell i am talking to ya and yeah REWBS i did trip my pants /shirt shoes and face totaly off
 
E

edd37

New Member
a reported fatality from liberty caps:



http://leda.lycaeum.org/?ID=10488



you might want to check this out too, it's a (not particularly good in my opinion) response to the article:



http://www.eleusis.ws/en/articles/vel-garsamfe.shtml

 
M

million dollar

Guest
my boyfriend is taking a blood thinner and oxycontin.
because he broke both his legs a month ago.
we want to shroom but we need to know if that combination
is deadly?
 
M

million dollar

Guest
Quote: Originally posted by million dollar on 2004-Apr-15
my boyfriend is taking a blood thinner and oxycontin.
because he broke both his legs a month ago.
we want to shroom but we need to know if that combination
is deadly?
:) :) :) :) :) :) :)
 
E

edd37

New Member
Don't let him take any! Oxycontin is a very powerful drug and many deaths have been caused from mixing it with other drugs. Go to http://www.oxyabusekills.com/



I don't know about blood thinners, but I doubt taking a blood thinner with any drug is a good idea as drugs (including alcohol) thin your blood anyway. I think i remember hearing that somewhere.



Don't let him do it!!!!!!
 
K

Kroy

New Member
damn seems to me that alot of ppl *KNOW* what they are talking about. I just want to comment on everyone's input. Good job. In my Opinion P.Cubensis would be very very very hard to OD and die from. ALTHO**** it's stated that even Psilocybin mushrooms contain toxins other than the ones we want to ingest. So becoming SICK*(vomitting, nasuea, cramps) is possible even in the smallest dose. Also there is a LBM(little brown mushroom) the DOES grow on dung, pastures etc. THAT IS NOT Phsycoactive and CAN be poisonous. But VERY LITTLE is know about it, I saw this while researching the other day but i have forgotten the site. =/ PLEASE PLEASE be careful when picking ur own shrooms. ALWAYS do spore prints....happy shrooming
 
E

edd37

New Member
Yeah there's quite a few mushrooms (depending on your country) that look like magics but are poisonous. KNOW YOUR sh*t!
 
M

Muse

New Member
It would take a HUGE dose of real magic mushrooms to kill you.
 

Similar threads

C
Replies
3
Views
604
MC Johnny Shush
M
C
Replies
2
Views
761
psilocybinfetus
P
S
Replies
3
Views
687
Droogy
D
N
Replies
5
Views
867
tripingfreak
T
J
Replies
5
Views
988
jazzfrenzy
J

Similar threads

C
Replies
3
Views
604
MC Johnny Shush
M
C
Replies
2
Views
761
psilocybinfetus
P
S
Replies
3
Views
687
Droogy
D
N
Replies
5
Views
867
tripingfreak
T
J
Replies
5
Views
988
jazzfrenzy
J
Top