what do i do

jess

hi i have never took shrooms before. im 15 yrs old about

5'4 and 127 pounds. i have plans this weekend to take

them with some people half have never

done it before. how much should i take? and about how

long will it last???

luv jess

To be 100% honest, you probably shouldn't be doing mushrooms at all. Shrooms have the potential to seriously mess with your mind, your perceptions, and your entire sense of reality. Being all of 15, your vision of reality has not been fully formed (I know you'll disagree but I was 15 too; or ignore me if you like and find out for yourself :), so messing with it is not a good idea.

However, if you insist on going through with it, there are some things you should keep in mind:

1) Shroom potentcy differs from species to species and, even within species, from shroom to shroom. In conjuction, different people react differently to shrooms. The only way to know what a "good" dose for you is is to try them. In that vein, be cautious. If you have a scale, I would recommend doing less then 1g your first time. If not, pick a medium sized shroom and wait for the full effect. Which brings us to...

2) Speed and duration of the trip depends on many things, not the least of which is the method of ingestion and fullness of your stomach. Eating the shrooms, it will take longer for you to feel the effects and the effects will last longer then, say, brewing the shrooms in tea. Eating shrooms on an empty stomach will speed things up, both the effect and the duration. I recommend whatever method you use, have all of your friends do the same. That way the trip will be similar for all of you and you won't have one lone sheep tripping for an hour after everyone else is down. Approximate duration of the whole trip should be 6 to 8 hours, give or take.

3) Make sure you are in a good mental state before you take the shrooms. If you are feeling depressed, annoyed, isolated, insignificant, etc., the shrooms will feed off of this energy and you may very well experience a "bad trip." But remember, it's only the shrooms talking. The experience WILL end and you WILL be back to your old normal self. Which brings us to...

4) Trip buddy. Make sure there is at least one, preferably more, people in the group who are perfectly sober. I'm assuming this will be the first time for many people in the group, and no one knows how they are going to react. Have some sober people there to help anyone who starts having an unpleasant trip.

5) Again, BE CAUTIOUS. Considering this is your first time and that you are relatively young, doing less is better than doing more (but far worse then doing none till your 21). At higher doses, the disassociative effects of mushrooms can be... maddeningly profound, for lack of a better term. In my opinion, you would be doing yourself a disservice in life by rushing towards these effects. Remember: Mushrooms will still be there in 4 or 5 years, your current view of reality will not.

Anyway, sorry for the preaching. But if you want my advice you have to take my thoughts with it. If you do decide to take the shrooms please let me know how the experience is.

Mizuke

True, but it's good to have a nice solid foundation of that vision before you start any major earthquakes. My philosophy is, know what reality is to you before you go messing with it.

I feel that the more you think you understand reality, the more shaken up you're going to be by these things.

all true, just want to give you a simple advice you can always keep in mind when you are taking shrooms.

If you don't like the effect you get you can always take sugar. it will slow you down.. DON'T take chocolat thinking this is sweet, it's a MAO inhibitor.

and for preaching a bit more:) keep asking what is on your mind, it doesn't matter you are 15. Better to be advised!!! i hope all this info will help you to make your mind up about what to do!!

i dit not say it was good for trip. It will make you trip harder. if it is good or bad is up to you....

Hey,

I took shrooms for the first time this january when I was 16, so I can understand your situation.

What everyone else has said is usefu, just thought I'd add some extra comments from my own personal experience.

About 1/2 a gram is enough for your first trip. From start to finish, this will probably be about 6 hours, and will not be too strong but will be a lot of fun.

This goes against what is often said, but personally, I found people who weren't tripping quite scary, like they were trying to invade my world. Both times I've done them I've been with only one other person and Ive developed a sorta 'trip bond' with them.

My most important piece of advice is just not to stress yourself out though. Make sure youve got a clear day, and relax when youre beginning to come down, because I found myself prone to getting anxious then.

Just enjoy yourself and have fun!

Mira....for me....Trip harder = my goal in life. So thats the way I'll go. I don't think I've ever tripped too hard. Gone a little overboard on LSD, but never bad, just went to other dimensions.

NIACIN people...niacin is whats used to come down froma trip..not sugar, not vitamin c and chocolate wont increase the trip..thats what syrian rue seeds are for..syrian rues are maoi's

if your a first time tripper dont listen to anyone here..go to erowid.com..go under lsd or shrooms whichever ur taking and read it..they have lots of experiences posted as well as legal issues and basically everyhting u could ever want to know..even recipies

dEAR TERY IF YOU COME TO ULTIMATE POINT OF YOUR LIFE WHITOUT SEEING STATUARY MOVING AND DANCING YOU HAVE LOOSE THE WAY

Back