moldy truffles eatable ?

nattysam

Hi, I have never tried shrooms but just bought 100 grams of Truffle magic mushrooms (Psilocybe Mexicana) which arrived the other day. I needed to wait some time before I could try the things (till i got a free house) so I attempted to dry them out by leaving them on a few sheets of newspaper in a draw. When I took a look at them today some of the mushrooms had hairy white mold all over their suface. I am really pissed now as im afraid I wont be able to eat them and ive wasted my money.

I have seperated the moldy ones from the ok ones, and was just wondering if anyone could give me any advice on whether any of them would be ok to eat still or if there is anything you can do with shrooms that have gone moldy other than through them in the bin :(

thanks for your help,

Sam

Well if anyones interested I threw out the moldy ones and ate the ones that looked ok.

My first trip was a pretty sh*t experience, I cautiously ate a small amount of truffles to test my tolerance then when nothing happened after an hour a few more...........

nothing, so a few more and so on and so on till about four hours after I took my first dose then it all washed over me at once and i was out of it completely.

I enjoyed the sensations at first though it wasn't really like what i expected, no hallucinations really more of an intense stoned kind of feeling [though ive never done hallucinogens or anything before so who the hell am I to comment?].

Then the scene around me changed and with it the whole trip went downhill. From sitting with two of my mates quietly getting gone and watching tv, I went to being surrounded by a roomfull of people I didnt know too well who where acting pretty loud. They were all pretty much heavy drinkers but anti "Drugs" so i felt like some kind of jukie for the rest of the night when i was around them. Things took a turn for the worse when this poor girl i didnt know, who had just lost her granny started trying to talk to me about how she was feeling and i, completely wasted was unable to talk to her at all. This really brought me down and made me feel like a peice of SH*T. I spent most of the rest of the night just trying to get to sleep with a terrible inescapable nausea and deep feelings of depression, anxiety and worthlessness.

The whole thing wasnt totally a wash out it was interesting in a lot of ways, but i think i'll have to think long and hard before I take another trip.

It reminded me a lot of the first time i got plastered on beer as a kid, i was really enjoying it till my body gave in to the stress i was putting it under and i ended up hugging a toilet bowl wishing for death for the rest of the night. I learned a lot about drinking from that one experience and can now get a lot of fun out of having a drink within my limits, maybe this bad scene will help me approach shrooms with more of a clue, and better enjoy my trips..............

there has got to be some kind of positive right ? ;)

oh yeah and one more thing? can anyone tell me why if heat is supposed to destroy the active ingredients, you are advised to soak the truffles in boiling tea for 15 minutes to take them?

i got some of these the other week and they was the first time i had tried shrooms of any kind, i was completly drunk and a bit stoned when i had them and i took em and i had 5 grams, i took em in a stupid place, a club/pub, but had a wiked time. laughing for hours about nothing, playing for hours with a glow in the dark straw. watching the seats thinkin they had loads of little black holes in them, then realy appreciating that everyone was individual and respecting people for it. i got a little restless at times but could handle it when i kept myself amused. the journey home was incredible! i attempted to drive (i dont encourage this, it was very irrisponsible) well found myself going about 15 mph all the way home and seeing the lines on the road fly past me! this was wiked. very pleased i tried this cool drug that should be legalised along with cannabis! rag

Im glad you had a better time than I did man, its reading stories like yours that made me want to try shrooms in the first place, and makes me want to have another go at them now :)

im with you on the legalisation, it is a intrusion on your rights to tell you what you can or cannot put in your body, its no ones business but your own.

Would you mind describing what the truffles you got where like, as im not to familiar with them but i think mine where a bit old, they where black with this white stuff growing out of the cracks in them, but the few pictures ive been able to find on the net show them as brown so i dont know what happened with mine.........

they where nothing like the pics i have seen on the net of truffles. they where dark like you described yours but when i broke them slightly they where still wet. i dont think there was any white mold on the truffles but they where gifferent colours and textures all over. how many grams approx do u think u ate? u may have just had to many for you to handle. i dont think i had a lot but i didnt need to. did they taste kind of like nuts? i ordered mine from wellcoolstuff.com and found the delivery very quick and efficient.(they where slightly more expensive than other sites, only a couple of quid tho)where in the uk do u live? rag

oh yea the people your with i think decides your trip, i was lucky the club i was at was full of people i no, i'm always there and around 40 - 75% of people in ther are on some kind of drug at the time. i would recoment from researching shrooms that to be outside in the day in a safe place that u r familier with is the best, where u can can get away from sh!t. not that i no tho, its just from the research i have done b4 i took my truffles.

Thanks for replying to my posts, nobody I know realy has experience with shrooms, so its hard to talk about it with them.

My ones did have the same kind of texture as nuts yeah though they didnt taste as nice. I think the problem was that I had too much, im definately going to take fewer next time [i have not got scales sensitive enough to measure out a few grammes though :( ]

yes on the great outdoors idea too. I live in Belfast in Northern Ireland and i think the next time i try shrooms im gonna go camping out on the west coast with some friends of mine [pot heads this time not drinkers ;) ], i know a nice forest out there by the beach so it should be good crack.

Back