Truffles

As far as I know truffles are expensive mushrooms that are generally used in Japanese and French cooking and have no psychodelic effects.

I find on truffles (also known as philosophers stone) I come up with theories on life and existence (yes - philosophies) a lot, more so than when on normal shrooms,

When taking them on hot days I feel like i'm absorbing energy from the sun, its fantastic :)

Jonny

Personally, methinks you may be inducing those effects with your own mind jon_funk, ie. the 'placebo effect'... truffles are not psycho-active at all, they are simply an expensive mushroom, prized for their uninque TASTE, most commonly used in Japanese and French cooking, as the wize person above mentioned...

Listen mate, I'm talking psilocybin truffles- AKA Philosophers stone, they are called Sclerotia and grow under the ground as a root-like storage for 1 or 2 strains of shrooms.

They are most certainly psychoactive, do a search on philosophers stone and you'll see.

They contain less psilocybin than your average magic mushroom but have differant effects.

And they taste awfull by the way (the psychoactive variety) and would by no means be used in cooking.

Do a little research next time before telling an experianced mushroom hobbyist they're wrong when they're not.

Jonny

OK jonny, message received and humbly accepted... given the information you supplied (or rather didn't supply, ie. and actual SPECIES NAME) I assumed you used the word 'truffle' as 99% of the human race does... to refer to the cooking variety...

No hard feelings I hope...

Species : Psilocybe Mexicana

heres some info:

http://www.sporeworks.com/mexicana-sclerotia.html

all it took was a search for Philosophers stone like I'd already suggested suggested.

As you can see the sclerotia mentioned are infact truffles.

Jonny

Some further research and u are correct jon, some peeps do use the word 'truffle' to refer to some weakly psilocin +'ve shrooms... can't see the word mentioned on that page u directed me to though... I think the term should not be applied to any Psilocybe +'ve's in net forums, cause most peeps think of the eating / completely non-P.active variety when they think of 'truffles', and confusion is certainly best avoided in the context of magic shrooms !! The species name should always be used where possible !!

Again, I stand corrected, what u say is true, hope there's no hard feelings...

I have had truffles only once and compared to liberty caps and p.cubensis they seemed fairly weak. I found them much less visual than normal shrooms and less of a headf**k-i could talk perfect sense etc which is why it seems you can have great conversations while on them. Personally i would recomment taking them when you want to have a nice chilled state of mind with slight visual enhancement (colours more vivid and everything looked great in dull light, more so than weed by far).I THINK i had 10-15 grams or so, they dont really dry out much but they werent really moist either.

Back